Monday, September 27, 2010

Chicken-talk

This one is dedicated to all my dear close ‘vegetarian’ friends, whose memories I commemorate, highlighting all the times they tried to reform this hardened convict. My crime- My carnivorous choice of cuisine! They call me crazy, callous, conceited, sadistic, downright murderous. Attempts to cure me involve;
  1. The shock therapy :- Do you know how they kill them??How they are bred for slaughter??
  2. The Coaxing-Cajoling Therapy:- They are living things too you know...like they Have a Life!!
  3. The Appeal to humanity Approach:- Have you no heart? How would you feel if you were...
  4. The Call of Disgust Approach:- “That’s the neck you’re chewing on,” or “So these are sausages...you mean pig intestines of course..!”
I have strained and survived unconditionally though. They claim to confer accolades someday to my levels of dedication to denouncing the correct, chaste form of living, by turning vegan. My community of fellow chicken-lovers will apparently idolize the clear-cut vision I provide them, of how not to collapse under the colossal pressure to give up on the succulent course.
The avalanche of disapproval rains on you though, if you ever claim yourself an animal lover- so Don’t! Do your bit when opportunity cartwheels your way. Keep your convictions on say animal abuse, or the use of their products for man’s careless and cold-hearted idiosyncrasies. But be prepared to be scoffed at for your alleged contribution to these incorrigible industries- because you enjoy turkey on Thanksgiving or a steak on Saturdays!  
Disrespect to any sentiments is sincerely unintentional. Calling me a ‘Chicken’ will be accepted in keeping with our custom when cowardice is insinuated, even after my Vegan comrades read this.

3 comments:

  1. haha.. well written:)
    being a 'brahaman' i naturally fall in d same shoes as u,perhaps a lil more..lol so i'd like to share the way i respond to ma folks here.. i simply tell em that im fighting my way to the top of the foodchain to become a veggie.. justified aint it?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmph.. I also remember the time when I was downright shocked to know that you don't eat vegetables.. Well Alisha.. Live and let live.. I am happy eating my greenery.. You be happy eating your meat-ery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Chicken lovers... I still cannot believe you gave it up for a month in spite of having me as your roommate...

    ReplyDelete